Again, in random order because I cannot assign a level of love:
- Don McLean - "American Pie" - I think I originally loved it because it talked about whiskey - which is really an odd thing for a 7 year old to get excited about but maybe it was just a sign of things to come later in life.
- America - "Sister Golden Hair" - I don't even have to explain this one to you - it's just fuckingchockfullofawesomeness.
- Neil Diamond - "Brother Love's Travelin' Salvation Show" - yep. Neil Diamond. Refused to leave the concert (YES CONCERT shut up) until he sang it. He's small and was scared of me so he obliged but not until the VERY end.
- J. Lo - "I'm Real" - Don't judge. It reminds me of a time in my life that was very unhappy and then I found my now husband and it was "our song" - I can breathe again - and that's exactly how I felt and everytime I hear it now - I feel that way all over again.
- Tracy Chapman - "Fast Car" - " I remember we were driving driving in your car. The speed so fast I felt like I was drunk." You know you sing along with it also.
- Dr. Hook/The Looking Glass - "Brandy" - Poor thing. She loved that sailor - but he loved the sea more than her. All he gave her was that damned locket made of the finest silver from the north of Spain.
- England Dan/John Ford Coley - Dammit you people are judgmental STOP! - "I'd Really Love to See you Tonight" - I'm NOT going to explain myself on this one - I just love it!
- Heart - "Crazy on You" - there's something about this song cranked up full blast in the car that just does it for me - likely because of my amazing ability to hit all the same notes right along with them
- Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney - "The Girl is Mine" - be sure to rewind the part where Paul says, "I don't believe it" - over and over and over and over and make everyone else LOVE this part by your continual rewinding and replaying - people enjoy that!
- REO Speedwagon - "Time for Me to Fly" - and no matter how old you are and how many years since your last heartbreak - you WILL sing it like you're livin' it - trust me on this.
- Okay - and one more just for good measure because I cannot leave it off - Journey - "Lights" - another one that requires NO explanation.
UPDATE: Add to the list because it is too good of a sing-along song to NOT be included: Dr. Hook (yes another one) - "Cover of the Rolling Stone."
What are some of your all-time favorite songs that you MUST sing to every time you hear them?