Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blog vs Gypsy Life

So back at the beginning of the year, I decided that 2010 would be the year that I would start blogging and I was quite convinced I could blog myself into a new career - that of blogger.  Yesterday I got a $100 from Google!  I don't know what it's for or how to use it because I'm pretty sure I have to spend it on one of their services - but it was awful nice of them to make such a generous contribution toward the promoting and marketing of my blog.  LOVE GOOGLE!  And also, I checked my stats and I've already made FIFTEEN CENTS this year on this blog!!!!  WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!  I can really start to see my new future unfolding - I'm living my dream!!

Maybe I should go back to Plan B - which was to COOK my way into a new career.  It seemed so clear the time I conceived it.  2010:  Peddle bottled water and cans of beer at Sturgis for two weeks during the summer.  That would thereby create enough cash to move to the 2011 plan which was to sell FOOD at Sturgis for two weeks.  I got this kick ass idea when I heard of a dude that peddles BBQ sandwiches up there for the bike rally and made $193,000 last year.  Net.  I mean - GET.THE.FUCK.OUT - $193,000 for peddling some food to a bunch of drunk wanna-bes?  How hard could this be?  Sure, you'd be cooking most of the year in preparation of those two weeks, but big shit.  It's not like your chained to your desk waiting for the phone to ring and having to respond to some whiny assed bawl baby on the other end of the line. 

I love this plan actually.  I love it so much that I've already imagined home schooling the youngest and just being a gypsy for the rest of my life.  Peddling some sort of food.  I thought maybe something like tuna casserole.  No one else up there would have it.  And since everyone would be sick of eating sandwiches, they'd surely all drop by and get some comforting tuna casserole, right?  Does tuna casserole freeze?  I don't know.  What about spaghetti?  I know that freezes.  I just can't seem to make up my mind.  But I'm pretty sure I could sell a shit ton of bottled water and canned beer - surely I'd make more than the fifteen cents this blog has yielded year-to-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment