Tuesday, July 6, 2010

If it sounds like a bad idea - it probably is....

Try to keep that in mind for the future please, kthanks. Here are all the things that I heard/did since I last posted that are bad ideas (and not all of these are things that I personally did - or heard for that matter - but if I heard them - believe me - they did NOT come out of my mouth).  I'm not even going to tell you which ones are things that were DONE and which ones are things that were SAID - they're all bullshit and the main reason why I'm crazied out after the holiday weekend. 

  1. Start cleaning at 8:30 a.m. on Friday - continue to clean and be on your feet until 3:00 a.m. Saturday. 
  2. Drink while you do that cleaning - even though you know your house guests are arriving the next day and you will be hosting a dinner party.
  3. Drink more the following day when you are having said dinner party. 
  4. Drink more the next day - start at noon! 
  5. Drink until 4 a.m. the following day.
  6. Obama is a muslim.
  7. Obama is a [insert horrible racial slur here].
  8. The world is ending.
  9. Your relative's annual salary
  10. Children should be raised to fear their parents - it's the only way they will be able to make good decisions.
  11. Only eat 2 tacos in a 24 hour time period - fill up on booze instead
  12. Your relatives are pinching your ass and you are so drunk you don't even realize it
  13. Bring a chocolate cake to an indoor party with 10 kids - turn them loose in the house with it.
I'm sure there were more - I've likely chosen to selectively block it from memory.  We host party after party after party - and there's always ONE party that pretty much ruins it for me and causes me to pause and rethink my hosting - this is likely one of those times.  It's a shame that a few people can really ruin it for all the others that enjoy attending.  But like I said before - I'm crazied out. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your party bummed you out babe!! Some of them tend to do that!! I don't mind hosting something at my house, but only since I've given up giving a shit what anybody else thinks...family included. My house is over a hundred years old, it doesn't clean well...deal with it. I have a multitude of four legged kids who drool and shed and lately have been trying to wade in the water bowl..it's like a fucking kennel around here. Deal with it!! I have a LOT of flowerbeds and if you let your kids mess with them I will pick them up by the heels and sling them out into the yard with a might war hoop!! Deal with it. I will sit on my ass and visit with whoever is around me and if you want to visit with me...move your fucking chair closer.
    I just finally gave up trying to be the hostess with the mostest or what ever the hell that's sopose to mean. A party is just that. A gathering to have fun...I know how....you are on your own!! that's my motto. Well that, and I segregate all our family/friends out into different parties so I don't have to deal with the crossbreed shit.
    It would have been better if it hadn't rained!!

    ReplyDelete