Thursday, July 22, 2010

Convoluted

So there I was, walking along in Walmarts when I saw this:


I started laughing so hard I was crying.  The husband didn't know what was so funny and I was trying to explain but of course I wasn't making any sense.  Go figure.  But my whole hysteria was caused by the word "Convoluted" on the packaging.  I always think of convoluted as something like a cluster fuck.  Just a big ol' mess.  So I was pretty sure they used the wrong word.  But when I got home, I looked it up on dictionary.com:

con·vo·lut·ed (kŏn'və-lōō'tĭd)

adj. 1.Having numerous overlapping coils or folds: a convoluted seashell.

2.Intricate; complicated: convoluted legal language; convoluted reasoning.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
 
Who knew?  Now I guess I am the dumbass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment