Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Clogged Arteries on a Plate

I try very hard to provide solid, healthy meals for my family.  I seriously do.  I plan out a menu each week, I buy tons of fresh veggies & fruits.  I bathe the greens and dry them carefully and make these wonderful meals full of colorful foods.  I put quite a bit of thought into it.  And you would THINK that my efforts would result in the family making healthy food choices when I do not toil away in the kitchen to provide for them.  Right?


WRONG!!!
That, my friends is EXACTLY what you think it is:  A pancake with slices of processed cheese and smoked weiners on top.  That's right.  And you know what kind of condiment you put on this concoction?  PANCAKE SYRUP.  DUH!

My husband made that for himself one evening because I was on strike.  Then he acted offended when I didn't take him up on his offer to share with me.  He kept hounding me, "Really - it's GOOD!  Try it!"  No thank you.  "It's GOOD!  Try it!!!"  NO THANK YOU.  "Don't you want to try it?  It's good?"  NO GOD DAMMIT - I DO NOT WANT TO TRY IT - IT'S TOTALLY FUCKED UP AND YOU COULDN'T MAKE A HEALTHY FOOD CHOICE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE.

God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment