Sunday, March 28, 2010

Painting Saga continued....

Husband:  What are your plans for the day?

Me:  I'm going to paint Daughter #1's closet - I should be able to knock it out in a few hours

*HEAVY SIGH*

Me:  What?

Husband:  Nothing.

So I go about my business, getting my paint clothes on, getting shit ready, gathering up the rollie thingie and plastic dealie and tape and other essentials.  But WHERE is the paint? 

Me:  Where is the paint we bought?

*HEAVY SIGH.  Lots of stomping*

1/2 hour later.....

I find the husband in the garage stirring the paint I had inquired about. 

Husband:  This paint is likely no good.  It's glumpy.

Me:  Does it really matter how good it is?  It's going in a closet.  Can I please get started?

*HEAVY SIGH*

.....  So the husband helps paint because I'm too fucking stupid to use the rollie thingie and the brush dealie and all those other deadly tools that are required for painting. 

Husband:  You're doing it wrong.

Me:  What?  What am I doing wrong?  Holding the rollie thingie wrong?  I didn't know there was a right way.

Husband:  No.  You're supposed to cut in first, then roll. 

Me:  According to whom?  I always do it this way.

Husband:  That's why it always looks like shit when you do it.

Me:  Really? Because I thought it looked like shit because you do a shitty job of cutting in and also because you're too chintzy with the paint.  I had no idea that the order in which you use the deadly painting tools had anything to do with the outcome of the job.

Husband:  Well, it does and you're doing it wrong and GOD DAMMIT now look at my shirt - It's fucking covered in paint.

Me:  Well, why did you wear a non-painting shirt to paint in and why did you brush up against the wall in your goin' out t-shirt? 

Husband:  I don't get paint on myself so I wear anything I have.

Me:  I don't.  I wear  a PAINT shirt - one that I don't give a shit if it gets ruined or not.  And you did just get paint on yourself.

Husband:  NO.  I got paint on myself because you are doing it wrong.

Me:  Okay Michelangelo, whatever you say.

I love weekend together time!  It's so rewarding and fun to do home projects together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment