Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Musings

Well I made it.  Through the first day back to work after vacation, that is.  I did not wake up at 5:30, because when the alarm went off, I decided it was asinine that I put that much pressure on myself - I have an 11 minute drive and I just have to be there sometime before 8:00 - so getting up at 5:30 is really just one more ridiculous over-achiever task I've assigned to myself.  Instead, I got up at 6:20 and it felt good!  I was rested, I moved through the morning routine with ease, made myself breakfast, loaded up my ziplock baggie of vitamins and was in the door of Company X by 7:45 a.m.! 

I didn't suffer a nervous breakdown, although I did notice that I was sweating profusely for some unexplained reason.  I wasn't hot.  Or at least I didn't think I was.  I made a note to get some of that clinical strength deoderant if this is the way it's going to be again this summer. 

I even came home at lunch and exercised for 30 minutes and made it back to my office within the hour!  At around 3:00, the phone rang and despite the fact that my last rodeo with that phone before I left on vacation was a hideous experience, I grabbed that phone by the neck and answered it with a renewed fervor.  And the nice lady on the other end was so dumbfounded to hear my voice that it made me giggle inside!  "BLEACH BLONDE!!!  Aren't you kind of high up on the food chain to be answering the phone?"  Nope - not today - I'm short on staff and I'm here to serve!  THEN, when I was actually able to assist her and take her through a 45 minute impromptu training session over the Web, she said, "I'm terribly impressed- you not only answer the phone, but you're a VIP that knows the product!"  Yeh.  I've been here a couple years! 

I went outside and skipped around the building!  Mainly because my knees were aching from sitting and having that chair glued to my ass all day - something has GOT to be done about that sitting thing.  It's killing my knees and hips.  Maybe I'll just start skipping around the office at different intervals throughout the day.  I bet that would scare everyone in the office into thinking I'd finally lost my mind?  It's a thought worth pondering more.  I'll add it to my handy dandy notebook.

At 5:05, I packed up and ended the day.  It felt good to be in the daylight with my little family, cooking dinner and we even had ALL the kids at the table to eat tonight!  Since it was still daylight after we cleaned up the kitchen, the girls and I headed out for a walk with the dog so Daughter #1 could unload some ridiculously priced fund-raising "discount cards" on some unsuspecting neighbors!  And because the husband is so perfectly wonderful, he noticed it was dark out and drove around looking for us to give us a ride home!  The day is good great!

Tomorrow night, graduation party committee meeting - my house.  Should be interesting!  You'll definitely want to read that post!

No comments:

Post a Comment