Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Update on crazy status........

Last post:  umpteen days ago. 
Subject Matter:  Drugs to cure my Craziness
Current Status:  Still Crazy

Or am I?  See, that's the part I'm not sure about.  As I mentioned nearly 14 days ago, the DOCTOR determined I should take some kind of medication to "get my neurons back on track" because they were "out of whack."  I know.  A terribly scientific and clinic diagnosis.  I waited a day to go pick up the meds, ya know, just to be thoughtful to the pharmacy and all.  I mean, I'm already crazy evidently, so what's another day, right?  Well, when I got there, the pharmacy informed me that the script required prior authorization from the doctor. 

Huh?  Who the fuck do you think wrote that script?  Me?  I just shook my head and told the husband to drive away from the pick-up window quickly before I snapped.  Easy enough.  They'll call the doctor tomorrow, he'll grant the authorization.  The pharmacy will confirm with insurance that indeed it was the doctor that wrote the script and not me posing as the doctor and the script would be filled the next day.  No worries.  Just go to bed early and no one will get hurt in the interim. 

So the next day I went to the pharmacy and got an update.  "Well, the insurance company doesn't want you to have that script, they want you to have something else."  Again, realizing the pharmacy was just the middle man in the game, I nodded my head and walked away calmly, denying the senseless urge to ram my buggy into every display I passed in the pharmacy and racking my brain to remember when it was I actually saw the insurance company - clearly I had as they were now treating me instead of the doctor. 

I checked back a few more times and eventually just reached a point where it just didn't matter anymore.  Fuck it.  I've been crazy for a long fucking time and have learned to deal with it.  I'll just keep dealing wiith it on my own because dealing with attempting to correct it was just making me even more crazy.

YESTERDAY I got a letter from the insurance company.  "YOUR request for script XYZ has been denied after reveiw by our out-sourced clinical reveiw team."  That's how it started.  First off - I did NOT fucking request the script XYZ.  The doctor did.  But evidently that means nothing anymore.  B- what the fuck was reviewed?  No one knows.  Then I got a call from the doctor's office - Your insurance has denied the top-shelf drugs - you're not worthy of them.  Instead, I have found you a generic THAT WORKS and is only $10 for a 90 day supply!!!!! 

Whatever.  I don't even care anymore.  I really don't.  I'm not the one that's crazy.  It's this fucking conglomoration of insurance and pharmaceutical companies that are crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment