Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two more books down.........

I've only gotten two other books read since I last posted.  A dear friend passed away unexpectedly on March 18th and so I got a week behind in my reading.  And I apologize that I have nothing to say other than about books - but I'll get back into the "REAL" swing of this blog very soon - I promise!!  Thanks for hanging in there with me.

So... books I've read since we last chatted:

1.  Fool - by Christopher Moore.  This one was tricky to get in to.  Written in Old English dialect, it's a filthy satire of King Lear.  When I imagined the voices in my head to sound like The Holy Grail - then it flowed a little more smoothly.  I have been told that not all of Moore's books are written in this dialect, so I am going to pursue some more of his writings as he is truly humorous and I did enjoy the book!

2.  Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.  Awesome book!  A lovely, very detailed, story about a young man's life with the circus, related as a dream the man is having while in a nursing home at the age of 93.  He drifts in and out of consciousness throughout the day and the story unfolds in quite vivid detail.  A definite must read for all!

That's it for now - I promise to right some good juicy shit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment